Mineral Makeup a Natural Acne Cure?
Mineral makeup may offer new hope for acne sufferers. Because mineral makeup has several unique qualities not offered in any other makeup product that make it ideal for helping cure acne.
To understand how mineral makeup can cure your acne it is necissary to look at the seven causes of acne:
1. Genetics. Sadly, nothing can change your genetics. If your parents had acne as teenagers there is a good chance that you will too.
2. Hormones. During adolesence, hormones called androgens become active and stimulate oil glands in your skin, increasing oil production. This, in turn, clogs pores, causing pimples and blackheads.
3. Stress. Although stress doesn't actually cause acne, it can add to the problem by affecting hormones.
4. Diet. Many times what you eat has been shown to cause acne. Most of the time acne is an adverse reaction your body has to a food allergy.
5. Washing your face too often. This can irritate the skin making acne worse.
6. Medications. Many medications can cause acne or make an existing condition worse. Read labels or talk to your paharmacist to find out if acne is a side effect.
7. Using greasy skin care products and oily cosmetics. Most makeup falls into this category.
While these are the casuse of acne it is important to remember that acne is ultimately a result of bacteria growing in clogged pores. Bacteria is organic and thus cannot grow or multiply without the presence of water. This is where mineral makeup plays an almost magical role in curing acne.
Mineral makeup is made of natural minerals derived from the earth, these minerals are not only inorganic but they are also extremely resistant to water. They actually act as a shield on your face keeping bacteria feeding moisture away from your pores. Mineral makeup is not soluable in water so even if you put water directly on your face the minerals will not be absorbed and the water cannot pass through.
Mineral makeup does not clog pores either. Because it is so finely milled during production, the granules are much smaller than your pores. This not only prevents acne from forming, but makes the makeup extremely easy to blend into the skin with a very flawless look and conceals problem areas very well. If you suffer from a break out the finely milled minerals are very effective as disguising it.
Because of these and other unique qualities mineral makeup is known througout the world as the skin care makeup and recommended to acne sufferers by dermatologists. Ultimately, it does not matter what the cause of your acne is, without water to feed the bacteria, and something to clog the pores and hold that moisture in acne cannot form or worsen. If you suffer from acne, mineral makeup may end up being your best friend.